Just like wearing makeup isn’t complete without a smile, so is travelling without the right luggage. Whether you are travelling alone, with friends, family, or on a business trip, having the right choice of the bag should be a priority. Travelling should be fun, and regardless of the trip’s purpose, you should enjoy it like royalty. This is the reason today we are discussing the best luggage for international travel.
Having the wrong luggage choice can be disappointing, embarrassing, and stressful, especially when leaving the airport with a dented bag or one whose zipper got broken. A bag should be easy to carry around, convenient to accommodate all your necessary belongings, and durable to give value to your money and belongings.
In this article, you will learn about all the things you need to consider when choosing luggage, the types of luggage, and the best brands famous among international travellers.
If you are looking for the best bag to suit your budget, you are in the right place. Be sure to read through to the end and find out some unique bags available in different colours, sizes, materials, and shapes.
Below are some of the best luggage for international travel in 2020;
1. SwissGear 4010
If you are looking for a suitcase with pockets, SwissGear 4010 is a bestseller for apparent reasons. The bag is available in black color and large, small, and medium sizes. Depending on the size of your load, you can choose either of the dimensions. The bag has an interior fully lined to maximize packing space and keep hold clothing in place while on the go using the adjustable straps.
The lightweight handles make it easier to carry the bag around and lift without hurting your arm. This soft side bag is lightweight and has both exterior and interior pockets to allow you to squeeze in a few things at the last minute without worrying about having to unpack.
SwissGear has a soft material that accounts for its lightweight and makes it expandable to give you extra space. The spinner-wheels make it even more comfortable moving around to your hotel room, airport, or home.
Features of the SwissGear 4010
- Lightweight carry and lift handles.
- Adjustable straps in the interior.
- Additional organizational pockets
Advantages of the SwissGear 4010.
- Easy to lift and move around.
- More space from additional interior and exterior pockets
Disadvantages of the SwissGear 4010
- You may need to purchase an extra lock.
2. Expandable Samsonite Omni Pc
The Expandable Samsonite is the one suitcase that will look the same on your 1st trip and your 50th. Samsonite bags and luggage have a 10-year warranty and get tested rigorously to ensure that they are the best and durable. The Samsonite Omni Pc is available in a 20-inch carry-on bag suitable for light domestic travels and sets of three and two pieces.
Depending on your load size, you can get the 2-piece (24/20) or the 3-piece (28/24/20). This bag has spinner wheels with a 360-degree spin allowing you to move it with less effort. Samsonite bags have TSA locks mounted on the sides, making sure that only you and the agents have access to the contents of the bags and secure your stuff. The pockets are both expandable and compressional.
They expand to provide space and keep your items neatly packed and pressed into place through compression.
The handles are push-buttons, which allows them to store neatly into the suitcase when not needed and extend out when in use.
The polycarbonate texture enhances the durability and neatness of the bag by giving it a beautiful scratch-resistant case. The main compartment has a bookcase divided with mesh and has straps crossing it to hold the contents in place.
Features of the Expandable Samsonite Omni Pc
- 20-inch carry-on.
- 360-degree (Multi-directional) spinner wheels.
- Retractable handle.
- Hard expandable luggage.
- TSA lock
Advantages of the Expandable Samsonite Omni Pc
- The micro-diamond texture of the polycarbonate gives the bag a sleek appearance and makes it resistant to scratches.
- Has straps to hold items in place during motion.
- The re-engineered spinner wheels make the suitcase lightweight.
Disadvantages of the Expandable Samsonite Omni Pc
- The bag lacks extra pockets on the sides of the exterior.
3. Expandable SHOWKOO Sets
The SHOWKOO sets have an ABS material that is extra thick, and this hard-shell makes them more durable, impact and scratch-resistant, and lighter to carry around. The double spinner wheels are self-lubricating, allowing the bags to move silently and smoothly even when loaded up to 15kgs.
The Sets consist of a 20-inch carry-on bag, 24 and 28-inch bags. The ability to carry more weight and feel lighter makes the Showkoo expandable sets the best option for both business and long-term trips and travels.
The handles are ergonomic and are present at the top and the side. The handles have reinforcements on the opposite side to protect the hard-shell from cracking when lifting and two soft rubbers that keep your fingers safe when lifting the luggage.
They have a TSA lock mounted on the side to allow the inspection agents to do their job without intruding on your privacy and keep your belongings safe from theft.
The bags have cross straps and a full-zip divider in the interior to keep your things more organized. The interior has more pockets for small items and documents and has a pouch between the hard-shell that keeps your makeup, toothbrush, lotions, and wallets safe.
The sets come with a 2-year warranty to make sure that you enjoy using the Showkoo products.
Features of the Expandable SHOWKOO Sets
- ABS hard-shell for durability.
- Double spinner wheels.
- Soft handle at the side.
- A lockable handle at the top.
- TSA locks on the side
Advantages of the Expandable SHOWKOO Sets
- Durable, stain and impact resistant.
- The scratch-resistant material keeps it beautiful over a long time.
- The multi-directional wheels make it easy to move around and maneuver in crowded places.
Disadvantages of the Expandable SHOWKOO Sets
- The spinner wheels are more exposed, making them prone to destruction.
4. Carry-on SwissGear Sion
SwissGear Sion is available in various sizes to include the 21-inch carry-on and the medium size 25-inch. The suitcase has four spinners, multi-directional wheels. The handle is retractable, which helps you maneuver through crowded airports with ease. You don’t have to move around with your luggage lagging behind you, knocking people on your way.
Additionally, the handles have rei on the top, bottom, and sides to make lifting and moving your bags easy. The interior contains multiple organizational mesh pockets with tie-down straps that are adjustable to hold everything in place.
The front panels on the exterior allow you to add in some last minutes’ essential things and save your travel documents without unpacking the main compartment.
These bags are available in several colors, including purple, black, pewter, Burgundy, gray, lime, red, and Teal. The variety of colors make the luggage unisex.
Features of the Carry-on SwissGear Sion
- Available in different capacities; 21-inch, 25-inch, and 29-inch.
- Multiple exterior pockets.
- Top and soft side handles.
- A retractable and adjustable push-pull handle with a lock.
- Spinner wheels.
- A removable wet pouch with a zipper.
- Tie-down straps in the interior.
- Reinforcements for the handle
Advantages of the Carry-on SwissGear Sion
- The bag has reinforcements that prevent damage when lifting it.
- The extra pockets allow you to add items at the last minute without having to unpack.
- Tie-down straps hold your items in place during motion.
Disadvantages of the Carry-on SwissGear Sion
- The bags may need an extra lock to secure the items.
5. Travelpro Maxlite version 5
Travelpro Maxlite luggage is available as carry-on and sets. There are 19 and 21 inches’ carry-on, and 2-piece sets of (29/21) and (25/21) as well as a 3-piece set of (29/25/21). The bags are available in several colors for those who think black is a bit boring. You can choose from Teal, Gray, Blue, imperial purple Burgundy, Dusty Rose, Sapphire Blue, Slate Green, among other colors.
The 5th version of the Maxlite bags is way lighter than their predecessor. The expandable suitcase allows you to pack your load to the maximum and still meet the international size and weight restrictions. Maxlite 5 bags have a durable Polyester fabric that resists stain and a coating made of dura guard that repels water and is ergonomic.
Its zippers have a high tensile strength making them last longer without breaking.
The Maxlite soft side bags have four spinner wheels that can turn 360 degrees for easy movement in any direction. The handle is adjustable and retractable at various levels to make manoeuvring crowded places easier.
The bottom tray has a unique design that stabilizes the wheels and aligns them effortlessly for proper steering and durability.
Features of the Travelpro Maxlite version 5
- Zippers with high tensile strength.
- 360- Degree sinner wheels.
- Convenient 19-inch carry-on.
- Adjustable push and pull handle.
- Durable material.
- Side pockets for accessories.
- Two soft handles; at the top and the side
Advantages of the Travelpro Maxlite version 5
- The zippers are high tensile strength, which prevents them from breaking.
- The side pockets allow you to park extra last-minutes items easily.
- The adjustable handle allows you to store it when not in need to prevent it from getting damaged.
Disadvantages of the Travelpro Maxlite version 5
- The expandable space is subject to abuse, and you might end up paying extra charges for the luggage if you over pack.
6. Expandable Travel Select Amsterdam
If you are traveling with your entire family and would love to spot your luggage from a distance, Travel Select Amsterdam is the bag you should get. The bag comes in sets of up to 8 pieces. Every member of your family can have one in the same color to make it easier to see luggage from a distance.
The bags come in several colors, so you do not have to get a black one that might be too common. You can always choose an orange, Gray, navy, or Burgundy one. Depending on your family’s size or load, you can get a set of 4 pieces or two pieces.
Features of the Expandable Travel Select Amsterdam
- Expandable to increase the capacity with up to 25% more parking space. The depth of the bag can increase by two more inches.
- The large bag dimensions are 29 inches in height, a 10-inch depth that can expand up to 12 inches, and a width of 17 inches.
- The bag has a casing made of superior, double tone polyester, backed with PVC making it more durable.
- It has an interior containing meshed pockets with zips and tie-down straps that hold everything into position while in transit.
- Has dual pockets for storing shoes.
Advantages of the Expandable Travel Select Amsterdam
- Have a PVC lining along the exterior of the pockets to increase durability.
- The retractable handle allows you to make your way through without much effort.
- The bags are relatively affordable.
- The bag has a strap at the top near the handle to allow you to add an extra one and clasp it into place.
- The push-button will enable you to lock the retractable handle inside and adjust it to sizes you are more comfortable using.
Disadvantages of the Expandable Travel Select Amsterdam
- The bags are soft-sided and may end up getting dents.
- The sets are all large, and you might need to have an extra carry-on for your essential staff.
7. Expandable Moonlight American Tourister
The American Tourister is a hard-side and expandable bag that suits you if you are afraid of leaving the airport with a broken suitcase or full of dents. If you are concerned about your looks and the bag you will be rolling around, Moonlight American Tourister comes in sleek designs and unique colors that make all heads turn.
You can have a carry-on bag that is 21 inches, 24-inch, or 28-inch bags.
You can also get a 3-piece set with all three sizes. The moonlight bags come in several colors that every millennial or anyone into fashion would want to have.
These colors include Marble, White and black, Iridescent White, Anthracite, Black marble, Navy, Silver, Ascending Gardens, Rose Gold, and Palm Trees.
The spinner wheels allow you to manoeuvre and turn 360- degrees to access all directions. You don’t have to lift the bag to turn it around. The wheels are lightweight, and you can be sure to meet the international luggage size and weight requirements for your 21-inch carry-on.
Features of the Expandable Moonlight American Tourister
- Book-case with a compartment divided using mesh and has cross straps to hold your documents and an organizational pocket with a zipper.
- Handle with a push-button lock.Expandable up to 1.5 inches
Advantages of the Expandable Moonlight American Tourister
- Easy to move around in all directions.
- Expandable to accommodate more items.
- Hard-sided for durability and safety of your belongings.
- Retractable handle to make it more comfortable and easier to maneuver and store the handle when not in use.
- 10-year warranty for quality assurance.
- Light to lift or carry.
- Resistant to impact and scratches, giving it a new look even after ten trips
Disadvantages of the Expandable Moonlight American Tourister
- The oversized spinner wheels can easily get damaged.
- Lacks a TSA lock, which works better with hard-sided bags.
8. AmazonBasics Belltown
If you are looking for more space, the Belltown bag by AmazonBasics is the best choice. The large size Belltown bag is 2 inches larger than the others. You can have any color of your choice from those available to include Red, Black, Gray, Navy, and Purple. The Belltown is a soft-sided suitcase and expandable to provide more space for packing.
The bag has four double spinner wheels that allow you to access different directions without much effort. The bag comes in a sophisticated style that suits elegant lovers perfectly. The Polyester with a 600D durability makes the bag more stylish, resistant to tear, and unique.
The interior has more pockets with zippers for smaller items giving you well-organized and easily accessible luggage.
Features of the AmazonBasics Belltown
- Internal capacity of up to 77 liters.
- Can support a weight of up to 7.91 pounds.
- It has two front pockets with zippers.
- Expandable for up to 25% more space.
- Extra-large interior dimensions of 16.5 inches wide, 10.6 inches long, and 30.9 inches tall/high.
- Double spinner wheels for smooth and silent movement.
- Three organizational pockets with zippers.
Advantages of the AmazonBasics Belltown
- It has a short handle that is soft and tender to your hands and comfortable to carry.
- Easy to maneuver around smoothly and silently in al directions.
- Deeper and expandable to give you extra packing capacity.
- The bag has a theft-proof design with strong zippers.
Disadvantages of the AmazonBasics Belltown
- The spinner wheels can easily get destroyed as the prop outside the body of the suitcase.
- The bag can get disfigured if not handled carefully.
9. Delsey Paris Expandable Helium Aero
The Delsey Helium suitcases are the best if you are looking for durable, impact-resistant, spacious, and ergonomic bags. The Delsey Helium aero bags are expandable and come in various sizes to suit all your space requirements. You can get the 19-inch and 21-inch carry-ons, the medium 25- inch, or the large 29-inch bags.
There are several colors to choose from to include Brushed Charcoal, Titanium, Peony Pink, Brick Red, Blue Cobalt, Teal, Matte Black, Plum Purple, Black, and Blue Textured. You can get the carry-ons or the sets. Some of the set luggage available include 2-piece sets with either (25/21) or (29/19) and the 3-piece sets (29/25/19).
The large compartment at the front is easy to access and has a padded pouch that secures your laptop safely to prevent breaking and meshed pockets with zippers for holding your toiletries and other small items. The bags have double spinner wheels that increase maneuverability, leaving less or no weight on your hand.
You do not need to push or pull the bag -hold the handle, and the wheels will carry the weight.
The compartments are large and fully lined with multiple organizational pockets that allow you to park all your items properly and keep them neat with the help of the webbed straps that hold the zippered dividers firmly. The bags have a top and a side handle.
The top handle is retractable, and the one on the side is soft to give you a comfortable grip when lifting the bag from the side.
The casing is 100% Polycarbonate, giving making it more durable and lightweight. The bags have a sleek design with glossy and deep metallic finishes.
Features of the Delsey Paris Expandable Helium Aero
- Large capacity for carry-ons that meets standard international requirements and expands with up to 2 inches.
- Large compartments with padded pockets with zippers suitable for holding your computers or other accessories.
- Can carry 8.2 pounds of luggage.
- 2 inches’ worth of expandable space for keeping extra items from your trips.
- Ergonomic and comfortable to carry around using the soft handle and a lockable top handle.
- Multiple pockets for better organization.
Advantages of the Delsey Paris Expandable Helium Aero
- The parking space is secure and convenient for holding your items, such as laptops.
- Light to lift and carry around.
- Easy maneuverability.
- Tie-down straps to have your items firmly in place during motion.
- Webbed dividers with zippers keep your clothes neat and prevent them from over folding.
Disadvantages of the Delsey Paris Expandable Helium Aero
- The bags are not resistant to impact and risk getting dents.
10. Aluminum Alloy
If you are tired of buying suitcases to replace every trip, the Aluminum Alloy bag is the one for you. The entire bag is metallic, giving it a longer life span than most of the luggage made of PC. Despite having a unique material, the bag has additional features that make it one-of-a-kind.
The bag keeps your items secure from damage and theft. As the name suggests, the bag comes in only a silver color, the original Aluminum, which makes it elegant and sleek. The bag is easy and comfortable for use by people of various ages. Both kids and adults can take advantage of the Alloy rod that can get adjusted to different sizes.
Even better, the bag comes with a 3-year warranty that guarantees the replacement of locks, the rod, wheels, and the handle.
However, the body is irreplaceable, and therefore, one should be extra careful not to destroy it. The bag has TSA locks in place of zippers, and you can rest assured to pass through a security check without trouble. The suitcase has a groove design that resists impact to prevent damages.
You might be thinking that the bag is heavy, owing to its metallic body. That’s not the case since the material of the suitcase is a light aluminum alloy. The carry-on meets the international standard carry-on size and weight and has incredible maneuverability since it has double spinner wheels that can turn 360-degree to access all directions.
The bag has double handles, one on the side and the other on top.
Features of the Aluminum Alloy
- An Aluminum rod.
- 20-inch carry-on bag.
- Two handles.
- TSA Approved locks.
- Double spinner wheels that are shock absorbent.
- Cross straps in the interior
Advantages of the Aluminum Alloy
- More durable than the Polycarbonate bags.
- Sleek design.
- Top-notch security.
- Easy to carry around.
Disadvantages of the Aluminum Alloy
- Relatively expensive.
- Once the body gets destroyed, it can’t get repaired.
Getting the right luggage depends on your priorities. Some of the factors you ought to consider include durability, capacity, material, shape, and the security of your luggage. Make sure you compare the options available to choose what suits you best and don’t forget to consider your budget.
Expensive does not always guarantee good quality and vice versa, so don’t shy away from cheaper bags with unique features.