Once there was a golden time for air travelers, the airlines would allow two bags or suitcases regardless of the weight bar. Interestingly, each bag could weigh up to as much as 40 kg. Times have changed. Of late, after the boom in air trip, the baggage allowance has considerably been shrunken to less than 23 kg. This is the most bountiful baggage privilege extended to economy class travelers. So, this blog would hover around this luggage dimension for our target product – suitcase.
- How Much Baggage is 23 kg?
- Which Airlines Allow 23 Kg Baggage?
- What Type of Suitcase is Best for 23 Kg Luggage?
- What is 23 Kg Suitcase size?
- What to Look for in a Suitcase That is Best for Carrying 23 Kg Luggage?
- Long Term Benefits of Having a Suitcase That Can Carry 23 Kg Luggage?
- 1. Travelpro Luggage Maxlite
- 2. Olympia Denmark Carry-on Spinner
- 3. IT Luggage 22″ World’s Lightest 8 Wheel Spinner
- Final Words
We recently write about what kids like in a suitcase and also list some of the best suitcases for the kids, available on the separate page.
How Much Baggage is 23 kg?
In terms of a suitcase, the 23 kg means a suitcase with the dimensions of 56cm x 45cm x 25cm. This dimension includes the handles and wheels. One notable aspect is that the usually allowed allowance of 23 kg by the airlines consists of the suitcase’s weight.
Hence the suitcase must not be very hefty. For empirical evidence, these articles can easily be placed, to sum up, 23 kg.
- Ten tops
- A couple of shirts
- One sweater
- Three pairs of shorts
- Three pairs of trousers
- Two fancy dresses
- One Playsuit
- Travel-sized Toiletries
- Two pairs of shoes
- Three travel adapters
- A couple of underwears
- A backpack
- Also, some home and personal items.
Which Airlines Allow 23 Kg Baggage?
Almost all European and North American airlines have stuck to the threshold of 23 kg owing to unanimity in air travel protocols. Nonetheless, some notable names are Air Canada, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, British Airways, Delta Airlines, Etihad, Icelandair, and South African Airlines.
What Type of Suitcase is Best for 23 Kg Luggage?
For conveniently accommodating the 23 kg weight tag, there are two popular versions of the suitcase in vogue. Let us elaborate;
1. Hardshell suitcases
Hardshell suitcases are made up of polycarbonate or ABS plastic shells. As depicted by the name, the hardshell suitcases have a hard exterior that protects the luggage enclosed here.
- Hardshell suitcases are scratch, dirt, and water-resistant.
- The glowing surface keeps glittering all the way long.
- Of course, the hardshell suitcase is very secure and usually protected by TSA locking.
- While some polycarbonate hardshell suitcase is lighter, a major portion of hardshell suitcases are considerably heavy.
- Hardshell suitcases lack expandability.
- Owing to the lack of pockets, the hardshell suitcases cannot compete with the soft shell in terms of accommodation.
2. Softshell suitcases
Softshell suitcases are composed of polyester and other similar fabrics; the fine printing and chic style have made the softshell a popular choice. Let’s delve.
- Softshell suitcases are lighter.
- Many of the softshell bags are expandable.
- Extra zippers and pockets allow the out of box accommodation.
- Softshell suitcases are hard to wash, and the surface is prone to stains.
- Neither the soft case is a certified guard against water nor theft.
- Softshell suitcases can easily be squashed; whether you throw them onto the overhead bin or jiggle around somewhere else, the softshell suitcase can be ruined in a jiffy.
What is 23 Kg Suitcase size?
As the luggage capacity of the 23 kilograms suitcase lies in its dimension, the user must consider the following dimensions of your desired airline’s baggage allowance is 23 kg.
23 Kg Suitcase size in cm
56cm x 45cm x 25cm
23 Kg Suitcase Size / Dimensions in inches
22″ x 17.7″ x 9.8″
What to Look for in a Suitcase That is Best for Carrying 23 Kg Luggage?
Just complying with the baggage allowance is not the traveler’s end goal, but the end goal is to accommodate the optimal luggage and ensure convenient travel.
If fortunately, you have come across the right size, before striking the deal, you must consider some of the significant aspects such as;
- Two-wheel or four-wheel — Just like a hard or soft shell, this wheel question is also a grey area. Four-wheel suitcases are useful in the push as well as pull. They perform swift maneuverability on smooth surfaces. On the other side, the two-wheelers perform best in the rough terrain and speed up in tilted posture. The decision lies in your customized choice.
- Durability — Durability is not an isolated term; it represents the suitcase’s overall features, including the formation and material. Some of the most common durable materials for hardshell casing are ABS hardshell plastic and polycarbonate, while polyester and canvas are the forerunners in softshell domains.
- Organization — The organization must be looked at before finalizing the sale. The organization side includes the inclusion of pickets, dividers, zippers, and luggage straps. This will help you with comfy accommodation.
- Aesthetics — Whether you are on a business or casual trip, the suitcase represents your persona, and you must select a decent one. The beautifully designed bag charms up the persona and puts on an excellent first impression.
- Security — Security is a common concern for travelers, so a viable suitcase must be protected by sufficient locking, better by a TSA-approved system.
Long Term Benefits of Having a Suitcase That Can Carry 23 Kg Luggage?
Apart from the legal requirement, the 23 kg suitcase is also generally competent for your travel needs, why? Let’s reveal some not-so-exposed good faucets of having a 23 kg suitcase.
- Unanimously approved – First, 23 kg is the unanimously approved threshold for the bulk of airlines.
- Easy to schlep – The 23 kg suitcase is not hard to schlep equally across the cobblestone paved aisles or smooth terminals.
- Accommodative – This capacity easily accommodates all of the required luggage for long trips.
- Durability Factor – luggage requirements are durable and do not put an extra strain on the formation and the user.
We have selected three models but high-five suitcases under the 23-kg category. The list goes on as;
1. Travelpro Luggage Maxlite
Dimensions: 9 x 14.5 x 23 inches | Weight: 2.240746 kg | Capacity: Nil | Lock: Nil | Casing: Nil | Expandable: Yes | Colours: Slate green; and eight others
- Smooth and sturdy wheels — Help in easy schlepping.
- Rubberized contour grip — Rubberized grip bolsters the en-route maneuverability.
- The high tensile zippers — High tensile zippers of TravelPro ensure maximum safety.
Aesthetics and feels, TravelPro is a finely built suitcase with pleasing aesthetics; the suitcase has business-class looks. the finely-built composure put an impressive impression on the host side.
Durability, Water is the anathema for the suitcase, while fortunately, the TravelPro suitcase is waterproof that helps in longevity. The durable material can be used for a very long time.
Usability, The brand claims to have reduced the weight by ½ lbs—good news for heavy drifters. The usability of the TravelPro brand is enhanced by the inclusion of rubberized grip and quality zippers. If you are a first-time buyer, Travelpro’s handling would not be a big deal for you.
2. Olympia Denmark Carry-on Spinner
Dimensions: 53.3 × 35.5 × 22.8 CM | Weight: Nil | Capacity: 59 L | Lock: TSA approved | Casing: ABS hardshell plastic | Expandable: Yes | Colours: Black and six others
- Retractable push-button — Helps in easy opening and shutting.
- Hidden compartment — Ensues expandability.
- Internal divider — For the comfy organization.
Aesthetics and feels, Olympia’s suitcase reveals the intensity of rigidness by the looks it extends to the onlookers. The body is glittering and sparkling.
Durability, ABS hard shell plastic and aluminum handles are the vocal evidence of the Olympia suitcase’s over-head durability.
Usability, The Olympia suitcase is user-friendly. Mainly, it’s a push-button option that makes the handling of the product a child’s play. At the same time, the spinner wheels place the icing on the cake. Internal dividers and hidden compartments allow the maximum accommodation of luggage with optimal organizational support.
3. IT Luggage 22″ World’s Lightest 8 Wheel Spinner
Dimensions: 55.8 × 35.5 × 22.8 CM | Weight: 1.84 kg | Capacity: Nil | Lock: Nil | Casing: Polyester and tensile | Expandable: No | Colours: Purple pennant and eight others.
- Smooth and sturdy wheels — Rotate up to 360°.
- Fiberglass construction — State-of-the-art feature.
- Durable material — Material is durable and shockproof.
Aesthetics and feels, It Luggage is a blue suitcase with a decent match of polyester and tensile. The customer feels like using a high-end product with a plush outlook. The aesthetics are awe-inspiring.
Durability, In the soft shell domain, polyester is perhaps the most reliable material, while the tensile interior provides a double boost. This material is easily washable by a wet piece of rag.
Usability, The flat packing and fully lined interior make the It Luggage suitcase comfy to handle. The items can be placed and dragged conveniently.
Buying a suitcase is not a small deal and consumes the hard-earned investment. A potential buyer must decide with the utmost care and buy a compliant bag, i.e., under 23 kilograms.
Other concomitant sparkling features have also been discussed above at length in good faith. Have a safe journey!